Department: College of Health and Human Services (CHHS)
School of Nursing – Term Assistant Professor, Psychiatric Nurse
The George Mason University School of Nursing seeks candidates for a doctorally prepared, nine-month Term Assistant Professor (to begin Fall 2016) with experience in psychiatric nursing. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Term faculty members teach across all levels of the nursing curriculum (BSN through DNP/Ph.D.) and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Didactic, laboratory and clinical instruction;
- Assisting with curriculum development and maintaining accreditation standards;
- Writing grant proposals for submission for funding;
- Student advisement, including serving on DNP or Ph.D. practice inquiry projects or dissertations; and
- For this position, the successful candidate will also provide support for our nurse-managed clinics through practice, and as faculty for the students in their rotations in the clinics.
- Earned doctorate (Ph.D. or DNP) in nursing, and demonstrated experience in education and practice in the care of clients with psychiatric and mental health conditions (a minimum of two years of experience is strong desired); and
- An unencumbered RN license in Virginia, or eligibility to obtain before beginning employment.
- Certification as a psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner (PMHNP) is desired; and
- A minimum of one year of teaching experience in a BSN, MSN or DNP program of nursing is desired.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Criminal Background Check: Standard Background Check
Mason Ad Statement:
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number F8652z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a letter of application (cover letter), current CV, and a list of three professional references with contact information. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.