University of California San Diego
Temporary Lecturer -- Theatre and Dance Department
THEATRE & DANCE DEPARTMENT, University of California, San Diego
The Division of Arts & Humanities, at UC San Diego, is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and student body.
We are seeking applicants for temporary lecturer position(s) in theatre or dance disciplines. Appointment(s) may be part-time, full-time, quarterly or annual, with the possibility of renewal contingent on performance and funding availability. Positions available for upcoming quarters.
Candidates are required to possess MFA, PhD, or equivalent professional experience. Qualified candidates will also have at least two years of teaching experience or specialized field expertise to teach the course, with experience teaching the exact theatre or dance discipline preferred.
Preferred requirements also include strong demonstrated accomplishments or potential in areas contributing to equity, diversity, and inclusion, and a desire to play a role in advancing UC San Diego's commitment to achieving excellence and diversity.
Proof of eligibility for U.S. employment will be required prior to employment (Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986)
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and based on published UC pay scales.
We are only accepting applications electronically. To apply, please access RECRUIT, our electronic system at the following link: https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/apply/JPF01111
Required Documentation for Complete Applications:
(1) Cover Letter explicitly stating your training, teaching interests, and teaching experience
(2) Your most recently updated CV
(3) 1-3 Teaching Evaluations dated within a 5 year period OR one confidential letter of recommendation that includes a discussion of teaching abilities (letters of recommendation must be uploaded through a dossier service or from the recommenders directly).
Additional Documents (optional):
(1) Sample syllabi
(2) Documentation of professional expertise and/or video footage, reviews, etc.
AA-EOE: The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
San Diego, CA
More information about this recruitment: http://theatre.ucsd.edu
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume - Your most recently updated C.V. or Resume
- Cover Letter - Applicants should describe teaching preferences, experience, and pedagogical style.
- Most Recent Evaluations (1-3, within a 5 year span) - A confidential letter of reference is required if no evaluations available
- Sample Syllabi - 1-4 representative syllabi (Optional)
- Documentation of Professional Expertise and/or Video Footage, Reviews, etc. - Please upload a document with links or supporting documentation in .pdf or Word format. (Optional)
- Misc / Additional 1 (Optional)
- Misc / Additional 2 (Optional)
- Misc / Additional 3 (Optional)
0-1 letter of reference required
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information