| Rowan University is a comprehensive state-designated research institution with approximately 16,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20-miles southeast of Philadelphia, and it has a branch campus and medical school in Camden and a second medical school in nearby Stratford. Rowan is one of two universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical-degree programs. The School of Osteopathic Medicine has a faculty practice plan that serves approximately 200,000 patients throughout Southern New Jersey. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. The University boasts seven colleges--William G. Rohrer College of Business, Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering and colleges of Communications and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics. Rowan has been recognized as one of the Top 100 public universities in the nation and is ranked 3rd among public institutions in the North by US News & World Report. |
The Department of STEAM Education operates within the College of Education, which offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Health and Exercise Science, Music and Art and in Science and Mathematics Education.
The College of Education is searching for a qualified and experienced program coordinator or educator (Science or Mathematics with K-12 experience preferred).This is a part-time, adjunct position with the possibility of renewal on a term by term basis. The position requires the flexible availability during the workday. Candidate chosen for this position may also be offered to supervise or instruct science/ math preservice teachers.
- Master's or doctoral degree in education or closely related field from an accredited institution of higher education in a field directly or closely associated with Science or Mathematics education at the time of appointment
- Demonstrated successful experience in coordinating, managing and/or administering programs (preferably Science or Math)
- A minimum of 3 years of public or private school experience
- Demonstrated ability in communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering academic achievement, social and personal responsibility, and social justice
- Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment devoted to collaboration, collegiality, professional development, diversity, scholarly inquiry, student learning, civic responsibility, and respect for all people
- Demonstrated commitment to working with 6-12 schools
- Familiarity with current teacher accountability requirements, research, and best practices in science or math education
- A teaching/learning philosophy consistent with the mission of the College of Education
- Experience with Danielson framework
- Experience with edTPA
- Experience with teaching in higher education settings
- Science or Mathematics K-12
Starting Date: September1, 2017
Contact: Questions regarding this position can be directed to Dr. Issam Abi-El-Mona at email@example.com
The application must be submitted through our online applicant tracking system by June 30, 2017:
All applications should include: a letter of application, which includes a description of prior work experiences relevant to the job description, teaching philosophy and interests, sample publication (if available), curriculum vita, graduate transcripts, and three letters of recommendation.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.