| Rowan University is a comprehensive state-designated research institution with approximately 16,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20-miles southeast of Philadelphia, and it has a branch campus and medical school in Camden and a second medical school in nearby Stratford. Rowan is one of two universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical-degree programs. The School of Osteopathic Medicine has a faculty practice plan that serves approximately 200,000 patients throughout Southern New Jersey. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. The University boasts seven colleges--William G. Rohrer College of Business, Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering and colleges of Communications and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics. Rowan has been recognized as one of the Top 100 public universities in the nation and is ranked 3rd among public institutions in the North by US News & World Report. |
The Department of STEAM Education operates within the College of Education, which offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Health and Exercise Science, Music and Art and in Science and Mathematics Education.
The College of Education is searching for qualified and experienced Educational Technology Educators who demonstrate familiarity with emerging technologies and the standards of the International Society for Technology in Education. This is a part-time, adjunct position with the possibility of renewal on a term-by-term basis. The position requires availability during the regular school day.
- Master's or doctoral degree in Educational Technology or closely related field from an accredited institution of higher education in a field directly or closely associated with STEM education at the time of appointment
- Meets state licensure requirements for education
- A minimum of 3 years of public or private successful teaching at the secondary level (K-12)
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and service in education in the area of Educational Technology
- Demonstrated ability in communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering academic achievement, social and personal responsibility, and social justice
- Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment devoted to collaboration, collegiality, professional development, diversity, scholarly inquiry, student learning, civic responsibility, and respect for all people
- Demonstrated commitment to working with K-12 schools
- Familiarity with current teacher accountability requirements, research, and best practices in Educational Technology
- Demonstrated ability in using emerging instructional technologies and learning management systems or online platforms such as Blackboard, Edmodo, etc.
- A teaching/learning philosophy consistent with the mission of the College of Education
- Experience with supervision of teachers
- Experience with the Danielson Framework
- Experience with performance assessment measures including edTPA
- Experience teaching in postsecondary settings
Starting Date: Open, Continuous
Contact: Questions regarding this position can be directed to Dr. Lara EnglishHill at email@example.com and/or Dr. Issam Abi-El-Mona at firstname.lastname@example.org
The application must be submitted through our online applicant tracking system:
All applications should include: a letter of application, which includes a description of research, teaching philosophy and interests, curriculum vita, graduate transcripts, and three letters of recommendation.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.