| EOE Statement:|
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, protected veteran, or disability status.
The Licensing Associate is responsible for managing a portion of the University’s intellectual property portfolio with the mission of transferring it to commercial companies for the benefit of society. The LA will be responsible for handling simple license agreements and an uncomplicated portfolio of IP. These responsibilities will be completed with direction from the Business Development Director and/or the Associate Director. The LA will be expected to support initiatives for the benefit of the OTM. The LA job is an entry-level licensing position for the OTM.
- Complete Technology Assessment and Commercial/Patent Reassessment on assigned invention disclosure within established OTM time frames. This assessment should include an evaluation of patentability and commercial opportunity. Recommendations will be made on appropriate IP protection (patent or copyright) and patent conversions.
- Work with legal counsel to protect intellectual property either through patenting or other proper tactics for assigned portfolio. Work directly with OTM patent coordinator and internal legal counsel (OGC) on patent costs and filing tactics with outside patent law firms.
- Develop marketing materials and website information on IP-protected cases. Market IP and establish contacts with potential licensees. Manage IP portfolio and decisions on future license potential.
- Negotiate key terms and execute simple license agreement with licensee.
- Manage a portfolio of existing licenses with respect to technology development, milestones, and non-financial terms of the licensees.
Education includes advanced degree, MS or PhD, in the life/biological science, medicine, biomedical engineering, engineering, or physical sciences.
Working experience in a university tech transfer office or in commercial development within the private sector is required.
Candidate should have an understanding of technology evaluation, patents, contracts, marketing, and licensing activities either in a university or in a private industry.
Candidate should have some business experience or an MBA degree.
The hiring range for this position is $61,131 - $79,498 annually.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)