The Senior Project Manager Oversees high-priority projects, which often require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration. This role manages projects from original concept through final implementation. This role interfaces with all affected areas of the project, including end-users, distributors, and vendors. This role ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. This role may communicate with senior level management regarding the status of specific projects.
- Manages the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring/controlling and closing of Information Technology (IT) and related virtual and physical infrastructure projects in support of organizational area's strategic objectives and ongoing operations.
- Collaborates with project leadership to determine and document project objectives, scope, approach, resource requirements, budget, metrics, key performance indicators and stakeholders.
- Collaborates with project leadership to define project tasks, milestones, and deliverables that meet stated project objectives and conform to initiative methodology standards.
- Develops and maintains project schedules, and ensures appropriate planning measures are taken including adjusting assignments as necessary to accommodate new issues, scope changes, new work estimates and/or resource availability constraints.
- Analyzes short- and long-term resource needs and recommends and/or adjusts staffing and resources appropriately.
- Monitors and communicates progress, revising task timelines and effort estimates based on project team members task-specific status updates.
- Develops communication plan for key messages, project updates, and key decisions that will be used throughout the project.
- Works with technical lead to specify quality assurance process that will ensure the overall quality and continual improvement of the project deliverables.
- Develops and maintains risk analyses process, risk mitigation strategy process, and issue logs for the project.
- Provides work direction and/or supervises staff such as team members, subordinates, contractors, vendors, students, etc.
- Coaches and mentors staff.
- Manages projects ensuring timelines and deliverables are met and meet expectations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 4 years managing Information Technology (IT) and related virtual and physical infrastructure projects or other relevant experience required.
- Analytical skill includingCritical thinking, decision making, problem solving, troubleshootingand use-case analysis.
- Project skills including collaboration and teamwork organizational skills planning and workflow development & documentation.
- Well-developed listening and communication skills.
- Coaching expertise/ability.
- An understanding of and ability to apply emotional intelligence skills such as empathetic listening, flexibility and assertiveness to support the ability to establish a rapport with providers, staff, community and patient populations.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills. Must be able to link needs with available resources, function as a connector Knowledge of and ability to apply relationship building skills such as mediation and negotiation.
- Excellent prioritization, coordination and time management skills. Must be a self-starter, able to work independently.
- Understanding of group dynamics and comfortable leading groups of people
- Willing to travel to practice locations.
- Experience with ambulatory practice and health care delivery desirable.
- Experience using quality improvement strategies in health care improvement initiatives desirable.
- Familiarity with EHR systems.
- Knowledge of process and workflow dynamics.
- Knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma or other existing quality improvement methodologies.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.