Department: School of Systems Biology (SSB)
Mason-Inova Fellow, Tenure-Track Assistant Professor
The George Mason University School of Systems Biology (SSB), within the College of Science (COS), and Inova Health Systems invite highly qualified individuals to apply for the Mason-Inova Fellow position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
This Tenure-Track position is the result of a unique public/private partnership between George Mason University, the Inova Healthcare System, and the Beatty Center for Liver Diseases under the newly formed GMU-Inova Fellowship Program.
The focus of the Mason-Inova Fellow's research will be on chronic metabolic and liver diseases using proteomics, genomics and other systems biology approaches. The successful applicant will be expected to establish a competitive research program, and the teaching and service requirements of the position will be consistent with COS and SSB policies.
- The successful candidate will have a Ph.D. and/or a M.D. in a closely related field (Completion of a M.D. degree is beneficial, but not required);
- Candidates must have demonstrated postdoctoral experience (at least two years is strongly desired);
- A background in translational research applications, demonstrated by publications in peer-reviewed journals is required;
- A strong interest in leading strategic initiatives that involve multiple internal and external stakeholders is expected;
- Experience in developing and implementing research programs is strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in submitting proposals and getting awards for external grants and contracts is highly desired; and
- Preference will be given to applicants with a background in proteomic research science.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Criminal Background Check: Standard Background Check
Mason Ad Statement:
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number F075Az at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, CV, a philosophy of teaching statement, a research statement, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.