The Department of Anesthesiology at the University of Minnesota is currently hiring for a fellowship-trained Chief of Critical Care Anesthesiologist. This is a full-time position. Candidates must be ABA, ABEM, ABIM, or ABS critical care medicine board-certified or board-eligible. Candidates' residency training may be in anesthesia, emergency medicine, internal medicine, or surgery. Candidates must have a strong commitment to an academic career in critical care medicine.
1. Manages the overall operations of the Critical Care Center in order to provide quality patient care in a timely, cost effective manner.
2. Develops a business plan for the Critical Care Center which will define the scope of services, establishes objectives, and provides ongoing evaluation of the plan with guidance from physicians and leadership.
3. Develops and implements operational strategies that will meet the identified objectives of the Critical Care Center and mission of the Hospital. Interfaces effectively with all customers (patients, physicians, families, Associates) to resolve operational concerns or customer satisfaction issues.
4. Responsible for establishing quality standards for the center with input from appropriate physicians. Monitors the overall quality of the Critical Care Center in order to reduce any inefficiencies, coverage problems and response time, thus providing improved patient care.
5. Analyzes financial and cost data to determine pricing strategies, provides cost benefit analyses, assists managed care with the negotiating of contracts and evaluates current and future programs from a value, cost and productivity perspective. Presents information and provides recommendations to appropriate physicians and leadership.
6. Develops, administers, and monitors the total Critical Care Center budget to ensure operation within authorized fiscal allocation.
7. Interfaces effectively with leadership, administrative center, other departments and physicians in order to ensure that Critical Care at the Hospital is patient focused, service oriented for all customers and provides excellent quality and cost effective care.
8. Manages Associates. Ensures performance planning, coaching, and evaluation occurs; develops Associates using performance management.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.