| Technology Licensing Officer|
TEC Professional - Band G
Center for Technology Licensing (CTL)
Department and Position Overview
Located in Ithaca, N.Y., Cornell University is a bold, innovative, inclusive and dynamic teaching and research university where staff, faculty, and students alike are challenged to make an enduring contribution to the betterment of humanity.
The Center for Technology Licensing (CTL) is Cornell University's technology transfer office. We manage Cornell technologies from Cornell's Ithaca campus, Weill Cornell Medicine, Cornell Tech and the New York State Agricultural Experiment Station in Geneva.
CTL's mission is to bring the University's scientific discoveries, technological innovations, and medical advances to the marketplace for societal benefit and to foster economic development within New York State and across the nation.
The Center for Technology Licensing at Cornell University located in Ithaca, NY invites applications for the position of "Technology Licensing Officer" from individuals with strong technical and business expertise in life science. Knowledge of or experience in agriculture and food industries preferred.
Rewards and Benefits
- Business relationships with primer thought leaders in Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Immediate contribution that leads to innovation and invention
- Support from an established and well respected team of licensing professionals
- Competitive compensation, health insurance, and 403b retirement plan
- Generous paid leave provisions: 12 holidays (including Thanksgiving and a winter break December 25-January 1), 3 weeks' vacation leave, health and personal leave
- Impressive educational benefits, including: tuition-free Extramural, Tuition Aid for external education, and Cornell Children's Tuition Assistance program
- A rich array of services, programs and benefits to help employees advance in their career and enhance the quality of personal life, including: employee wellness, workshops, childcare and adoption assistance, parental leave, flexible work options. For more information, follow the link Benefits at Cornell.
This individual will be responsible for the management of a wide-ranging portfolio of technologies, many of which will arise from Cornell University's College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- active solicitation and assessment of new inventions for intellectual property protection and commercialization;
- managing patent prosecutions using external counsel; identifying and soliciting potential licensees through active marketing;
- drafting and negotiating commercial license agreements with established companies and startups.
An advanced degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, protein chemistry and/or cell biology.
A minimum of three years' industry experience or technology management experience in an academic technology transfer office. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the Agriculture and Food Science industries. Proven ability to interact with a wide range of people in a professional and ethical manner, including faculty, students, business development professionals, and lawyers, with prior experience interacting with venture capitalists and angel investors also sought, but not required. Excellent communication skills - listening, presenting, and writing – with proven sensitivity and ability to manage confidential information. Strong skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and databases.
Please attach cover letter and resume.
When applying, please note the following: Please remember to attach your application materials (Resume/Cover Letter/CV) in either Microsoft Word or PDF format. In the Experience section of your application, use the Paperclip icon to search for file(s) or use the 'Drop Files Here' box to manually drag document(s) into your application. For a more detailed description and instructions on how to apply online please visit https://hr.cornell.edu/jobs/how-we-hire
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
University Job Title:TEC Professional
Pay Rate Type:Salary
Contact Name:Sonja Baylor
Number of Openings:1
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University's heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.2016-05-11-07:00