Department: UL - Student Centers
Event Services Technician
The George Mason University Student Centers invites applications for an Event Services Technician at the Smithsonian-Mason School of Conservation (SMSC), located in Front Royal, Va. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Event Services Technician is responsible for providing technical and operational support for events on the Front Royal campus. This position works with students, faculty, staff and the community at-large to ensure the delivery of event support services. In addition, the incumbent will assist with issues related to operations and room setup configurations for events. The successful candidate is expected to work some evenings and weekends. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Event Services.
- Provide technical support for events when needed;
- Provide operational support for event spaces;
- Ensure proper configuration, setup, operation, monitoring and breakdown of event services equipment; and other university equipment, including in house audiovisual systems;
- Work directly with the Event Coordinator in planning and executing events;
- Work with Operations Manager, Catering, Facilities and other partners at the SMSC;
- Serve as on-site manager for events when determined to require such presence by the Assistant Director Event Services; and
- On occasion, the incumbent may need to work on other campuses as determined by the supervisor.
- Basic knowledge and experience in technical production and event support;
- Understanding of event management common practices; and
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and provide excellent customer service.
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Criminal Background Check: Standard Background Check
Mason Ad Statement:
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number WG9840 at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.