Laboratory Technician, 3D 495506
Position Type: Staff
Position Number: 495506
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Full-time staff position (40 hours per week) split between sculpture, 30 Design, and ceramics studio facilities. This is not a teaching position.
Work directly with Studio Art faculty in Sculpture and Ceramics. Reports to the Department Chair of Art.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Oversee the technical operations, organization, and cleaning of metal, wood, foundry, and ceramics studio.
* Organize and maintain inventory of tools and equipment in classroom and studio facilities for Sculpture and Ceramics.
* Repair equipment and keep all tools in safe, working order.
* Work directly with faculty in developing supply orders and inventories of materials.
* Training and oversight of work-study students, as well as oversight of extracurricular student use of facilities, in the following areas and activities:
o kiln use and maintenance (gas, electric, wood)
o clay mixing
* Management of heavy waste disposal in Sculpture and Ceramics.
* Provide technical and safety support for students when requested.
* Clerical duties including, but not limited to, purchase requests and inventory.
* Report health and safety concerns to the Department Chair of Art.
* Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Department Chair of Art.
BFA or higher in Studio Art with an emphasis in sculpture, ceramics or other related experience. Ability to operate all stationary equipment in studio facilities. Basic wood and carpentry skills. Must be able to lift 40 lbs. Ability to climb a ladder. Excellent organizational, communication, and office skills (Word & Excel). Ability to work effectively and professionally with students in an educational environment. Demonstrated skills in welding, metal casting, and woodworking. Experience in ceramics and a working knowledge of ceramic materials. Current drivers license required.
Security Sensitive Statement:
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Posting Date: 06/28/2016
Close Date: 7/12/2016
Open Until Filled: No
The applicant must submit an online application form at https://jobs.lamar.edu along with the following as uploaded attachments in a PDF format: a letter of application, resume, and the names of 3 references (with addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses).
Questions should be addressed to:
D. Meeks, Chair of Department of Art
College of Fine Arts and Communication
c/o Human Resources
P.O. Box 11127
Beaumont, TX 77710
Lamar University, Beaumont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lamar.edu/.
Lamar University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Lamar University not to discriminate on the basis of non-relevant criteria including, but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities, admissions or employment practices.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency