Applicants must submit their qualifications via UCLA's Career Opportunities website at
https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu . Reference position # 24180. AA/EEO
The complete listing of qualifications is available on UCLA's official job posting.
- Demonstrated advanced experience Systems Administration: design, configuration, installation and support of Linux/Unix based servers (RedHat/CentOS, Ubuntu).
- Demonstrated advanced experience Systems Administration: design, configuration, installation and support of Windows Server Operating Systems (2008R2/2012R2), including Active Directory management and Terminal Services administration.
- Extensive knowledge of desktop operating systems: Windows7/8.1/10, Linux and Macintosh OSX and laptop computers.
- Detailed knowledge of TCP/IP networking and Ethernet-based LAN protocols. In-depth knowledge of network security best practices. Cisco 3xxx switches, Cisco VPN/AnyConnect.
- Knowledge of common applications (Microsoft Office suite, browsers, file managers, etc)
- Ability to function effectively as a member of a team, sharing information, resources, responsibilities and workloads in order to meet a variety of deadlines.
- Skilled in communicating effectively both orally and in writing; ability to create comprehensive technical documentation; develop and deliver presentations on technical topics to audiences of varying knowledge and level.
- Skilled in evaluating and comparing off the shelf and open source software solutions in order to make recommendations regarding purchasing or the necessity to produce in-house solutions.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in the midst of diversified responsibilities, changing priorities, and frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends, and to be responsive in emergencies.
UCLA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an average of three weeks' vacation per year; an average of 12 days per year sick leave; 12 paid holidays per year; health, dental and optical benefits; life insurance; disability insurance; the University of California Retirement Plan with 5 year vesting and various voluntary UC Savings Plans. There are also special programs and privileges available, such as accessibility to cultural and recreational programs, athletic events, and the University Credit Union.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy - http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct