Music Theatre Program at Northwestern University
Job Description: Half Time Lecturer in Voice
The half time Lecturer in Voice will teach individual voice lessons to undergraduate students in the Music Theatre Certificate Program, studio class, voice class, and courses in musical theater pedagogy and technique. He or she will also contribute to the continued development of the Musical Theatre Program.
Principal Accountabilities and % of Time in this Activity
· Teach 16-18 students – 75%
· Teaching hours weekly for lessons/studio – 5%
· Freshman Experience – large group voice class – 5%
· Music Theatre Voice Module Winter and Spring – large group voice class – 10%
· Other duties as assigned – 5%
Total weekly commitment: 18.5 hours per week
· Demonstrated success as an applied voice teacher at the university level for 3-5 years
· Significant professional experience
· Strong pedagogical skills with experience teaching multiple genres of musical theatre style and repertoire (from classic Broadway to contemporary pop and rock styles)
· Piano proficiency
· Masters Degree in Music.
· Certification in the Estill Vocal method, Speech Level Singing, Somatic Voicework, or similar systems encouraged
Screening will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please provide a letter of interest; curriculum vitae; teaching philosophy, and 3 letters of recommendation. Other materials may be requested at a later date. Materials may be sent to:
Head of Musical Theatre Vocal Studies
Northwestern University School of Communication
70 Arts Circle Dr. #5-182
Evanston, IL 60208-2406
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.