| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Equivalent of High School diploma.
One year experience in clinical and or research setting preferred. Working knowledge of research data entry and management with effective organizational and interpersonal skills. Fluency with computers, database software and basic biostatistics. Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports. Strict adherence to policies regarding patient privacy and confidentiality. Understanding of the importance of accurate and controlled data collection.
Position is responsible for collecting and maintaining databases used on research projects and collaborates with research team in conducting clinical trials. Position manages organization, data collection, and data entry of patients involved in studies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtains data in retrospective and prospective manner, performs chart review of medical records, performs data analysis and enters information into computer for data management using the WU ClinPortal and WU REDCAPs clinical research tools.
- Understands the study objectives, assists investigators in identifying trends, and interacts with members of the Center for Biomedical Informatics to provide feedback for optimization of data collection and management.
- Maintains current records, submitting and editing data reports as required. Tracks patients for follow-up documents monitoring completion of appropriate changes, forms.
- Obtains data as requested by Research Patient Coordinator.
- Assists in completing case report forms.
- Initiates procedures to obtain medical release for patient follow-up information.
- Provides administrative support for study and assistance in grant preparation/tracking.
- Assists office staff with filing, answering phone, and other functions.
- Assures compliance with established safety procedures, regulations and policies; HIPAA training; and all established protocols for data handling.
The hiring range for this position is $15.37 - $19.22 per hour.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade G06.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.