| Here's a little about McKinstry and the position they are seeking to fill:|
Are you looking for an opportunity with a company that cares? Do you have HVAC or electrical experience? McKinstry is looking for a Critical Facility Engineer responsible for preventive maintenance and troubleshooting to join their Denver, CO data center team. Tired of being in the weather, driving and inconsistent work schedules? This position offers ample opportunities for growth and stability, not only will you grow your technical skills, but you will also improve your knowledge of facility systems infrastructure and maintenance in a Critical Environment, increasing your value in an ever growing and demanding field.
McKinstry's success isn't a matter of fate or luck. It's the natural consequence of our commitment to innovation...how we support our employees...the unique truly integrated way we deliver...the long-term relationships we forge with our clients...and our unwavering commitment to creating buildings that are good to their owners, occupants, and the environment. Innovation runs on ideas, which can come from anywhere. Projects at McKinstry are not owned by individuals or departments, but by all of us, which is why it's common to see new employees from one discipline collaborating with 30-year veterans from another.
Purpose Statement Maintain critical mechanical, electrical, and control systems in a critical environment facility
This person will be responsible for:
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with internal and external clients.
- Respond to customer service requests in a timely manner.
- Respond to emergency calls.
Maintain Data Center Systems
- Performs maintenance to ensure the highest level of efficiency without disruption to the business.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks in accordance with McKinstry Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Inspect buildings, grounds and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend system upgrades.
- Order parts and supplies for maintenance and repairs.
- Solicit proposals for outsourced work.
- Work with vendors and contractors to ensure their work meets McKinstry and Client standards.
- Accurate and timely completion of work order requests.
- Escalate issues to Critical Environment Facility Manager as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, and ABILITIES
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and life safety systems typically used in critical environments.
- High school diploma or equivalent or equivalent work experience required.
- 1 year experience in a Critical Environment required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Physical ability to walk jobsites in uneven terrain.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
- Ability to work at heights and from ladders.
- Ability to regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Respond to off hour emergency calls.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process.
Key Words: Denver, Centennial, 80112, HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical, Data Center, Operations, Preventative Maintenance, Infrastructure, Building Systems, Controls, Automation, Facility Technician, Building Engineer, Critical Environment, Industrial