We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as Bioinformatician in the Feng laboratory in the Department of Radiation Oncology at the University of California, San Francisco. The laboratory is headed by Felix Feng, M.D., who serves as Vice Chair and Director of Translational Research.
Research in the Feng laboratory focuses on the discovery of prognostic and predictive biomarkers, and the development of molecular signatures in urological cancers, with an emphasis on translating these findings into clinical care. We have unique access to large RNA-seq and microarray datasets with long-term clinical follow-up. The Data Analyst will be responsible for projects including processing of RNA-seq and microarray data, correlation of gene expression to clinical outcomes, and investigating cancer biology using high throughput approaches. The Data Analyst will work in a highly collaborative environment, with biologists, statisticians, bioinformaticians, and medical doctors.
• PhD (or equivalent) in biostatistics, statistics, bioinformatics, computer science or a related quantitative field.
• Proficiency in R.
• Strong knowledge of statistical methods including Cox models, logistic regression, linear regression, and elastic net regression.
• Strong knowledge of parametric and non-parametric statistics and common statistical tests.
• Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral, strong organizational and documentation skills, and excellent interpersonal communication are essential.
• Experience managing large and complex datasets.
• Experience with machine learning techniques, such as random forest models and support vector machines.
• Experience with microarrays and sequencing.
• Familiarity with clinical study design.
• Experience with pathway analysis, such as GSEA or DAVID.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF00976