At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Department of Revenue Management and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
The Senior Financial Analyst /Decision Support will be responsible for:
- Assisting with all functions necessary to support and maintain patient and financial data for the Decision Support and Cost Accounting System
- Monitoring data to ensure that quality standards and timeliness are met for production to internal customers, while offering suggestions on process improvements for production and extracting
- Preparing ad hoc reporting/analysis necessary for key management decisions, including strategic/business planning, as well as participating in ad hoc projects
- Utilizing a broad range of software, database and hospital service knowledge to effectively respond to requests and provide financial insight into trends and implications
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the costing statistics and the cost data which serves as the foundation for the hospital's cost management and patient- based profitability reporting
To qualify, you must have
- The knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts typically acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in finance or a closely related field and three to four years of previous related experience with a minimum of two years as a reimbursement or case mix analyst.
- The analytical skills to collect information from diverse sources, apply professional principles in performing various analyses, and summarize the information and data in order to solve problems or design relatively complex systems and programs that cross department/divisional lines.
- Excellent communication skills in order to effectively deal with conflicting views or issues and mediate fair solutions, or welldeveloped writing skills.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.