At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Finance Department and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for:
- Performing detailed analysis of and implementing all functions necessary to support and maintain patient and financial data for the Decision Support and Cost Accounting System, including data quality assurance and suggestions for process improvements.
- Developing and preparing ad hoc reporting/analysis and standard reporting necessary for key management decisions, including strategic/business planning, as well as participating in ad hoc projects.
- Partnering with department managers to educate, advise, interpret the relationship of processes to reports; trouble shoot, resolve problems, and effectively respond to requests and provide financial insight into trends and implications.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the costing statistics and the cost data which serves as the foundation for the hospital's cost management and patient- based profitability reporting.
To qualify, you must have:
- The knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts typically acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in finance or a closely related field and three to four years of previous related experience.
- The analytical skills to collect information from diverse sources, apply professional principles in performing various analyses, and summarize the information and data in order to solve problems OR design relatively complex systems and programs that cross department/divisional lines.
- The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Department: Finance-Case Mix, Reimb & Mgd Care
Standard Hours Per Week: 40