| Rowan University is a comprehensive state-designated research institution with approximately 16,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20-miles southeast of Philadelphia, and it has a branch campus and medical school in Camden and a second medical school in nearby Stratford. Rowan is one of two universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical-degree programs. The School of Osteopathic Medicine has a faculty practice plan that serves approximately 200,000 patients throughout Southern New Jersey. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. The University boasts seven colleges--William G. Rohrer College of Business, Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering and colleges of Communications and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics. Rowan has been recognized as one of the Top 100 public universities in the nation and is ranked 3rd among public institutions in the North by US News & World Report. |
SUMMARY: Under direction, provides secretarial and general office services as required to departments of Undergraduate and Graduate Medical Education.
- Types correspondence, memos, forms, lecture material, etc. Uses Dictaphone as required..
- Assists Program Coordinators in maintaining resident/student files.
- Assists Faculty with clerical work, data base management and course related projects.
- Responds to resident and student needs through telephone, email and scheduling.
- Works with Program Coordinators to keep department web site informative, current and easy to use.
- Works with Program Coordinators to ensure that department information, such as bulletin boards, displays, brochures are current.
- Develops and/or maintains a filing system to track resident time off requests, book allowances etc.
- Assists Program Coordinators with tracking educational paperwork, i.e. patient logs and evaluations.
- Responsible for taking minutes of Medical Education meetings.
- Assists Program Coordinators with scheduling Residency and Student Program educational paperwork.
- Assists Program Coordinators with scheduling resident semi-annual evaluations and exit.
- Assists Program Coordinators with intern interview scheduling , development of new intern files and tracking of required employment paperwork prior to program start.
- Understands and adheres to Rowan SOM compliance standards and polices regarding Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policy.
- Keeps abreast of all federal, state, Rowan SOM, American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and American College of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) regulations, laws and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
- Perform other duties as assigned by program leadership.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited program in secretarial studies or one (1) year of prior experience in a clerical function in a business office, government agency or university setting providing administrative support services and/or coordinating work activities including general accounting/bookkeeping skills
Experience working in an academic environment with AOA and ACGME programs preferred. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) required. Ability to learn and navigate Rowan database and web software.
Please be advised that some positions are subject to the residency requirements of the NJ First Act (N.J.S.A. 52:14-7, P.L. 2011, Chapter 70). Any person hired into identified positions shall either have their principal residence in New Jersey or they have one year from the date of employment to establish, and then maintain, principal residence in the State of New Jersey. The law also provides that any person may petition a State committee for an exemption from the requirements based on critical need or hardship.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.
The Stratford, NJ Campus is a Tobacco-Free Workplace.