Positions available: 1
Salary Range: Hourly $17 - $19/hour
Start: June 2016
Work Schedule: Flexible Monday – Friday, Anytime 7:30a – 4:30p
Department: Epidemiology and Community Health
Location: ECRC, 1100 Washington Ave. S., Suite 201, Minneapolis
Contact person: Peg Krieser (612.625.4886, email@example.com)
The individual in this position will interact with study subjects from up to 3 different research studies. The days and hours are flexible to accommodate participant appointments and to cover for existing laboratory staff absences. The individual must be able to self-direct to be responsible for performing phlebotomy, processing samples, maintaining equipment and keeping accurate logbooks. Certification in each performance area may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities
30% vein puncture, 60% processing, 10% record keeping and equipment maintenance.
1. Certify and maintain certification in all areas of performance.
2. Perform phlebotomy, prepare lab reagents, label tubes, accurately pipette, process blood and urine samples, and maintain daily logbooks according to procedures specified in research protocols.
3. Operate centrifuges and other laboratory machines as needed.
4. Organize and maintain sample inventories in freezers.
5. Handle all laboratory material to protect the study participant, self and other study personnel; maintain attention to detail for extended periods of time.
6. Pack and ship samples and maintain shipping logs according to national standards.
7. Maintain laboratory equipment and laboratory space, according to study protocols and ECRC laboratory rules.
8. Participate in mandatory monthly laboratory meetings as directed by the ECRC facilities manager.
***This position is represented by a bargaining unit, AFSCME Technical. Dues or fair share deductions will be made.***