Rowan University is a comprehensive state-designated research institution with approximately 16,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20-miles southeast of Philadelphia, and it has a branch campus and medical school in Camden and a second medical school in nearby Stratford. Rowan is one of two universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical-degree programs. The School of Osteopathic Medicine has a faculty practice plan that serves approximately 200,000 patients throughout Southern New Jersey. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. The University boasts seven colleges--William G. Rohrer College of Business, Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering and colleges of Communications and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics. Rowan has been recognized as one of the Top 100 public universities in the nation and is ranked 3rd among public institutions in the North by US News & World Report.
The College of Education at Rowan University is seeking a ¾ time instructor for a school-based teacher preparation program. The focus of the position is to serve as the liaison between the College of Education and one of our Professional Development Schools (PDSs) and teach in one of the academic departments in the area of educator preparation. This is an annual contract offered based upon funding availability.
- Six (6) credit hours of coursework and/or clinical practice supervision
- Three (3) credit hours as Professor-in-Residence at one Rowan Professional Development School (PDS)
- Work on site 1.5-2 days per week (may include teaching courses, mentoring teachers, supervising practicum/clinical interns, observations, etc.)
- Serve as the liaison between the school and College of Education
- Collaborate with on-site PDS team, school leader(s), and teacher liaison
- Develop, coordinate, and implement the PDS plan
- Facilitate preservice and inservice professional learning opportunities
- Collaborate with the PDS partner to create a research agenda that will document the impact of the PDS
- Participate in the PDS Network Meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Earned Master?s or Doctoral degree in teacher education
- Minimum of three years of successful teaching experience in a P-12 setting
- Ability to demonstrate currency and fluency in literature, research, and emerging best practices in teacher education
- Ability to mentor teacher candidates in a field-based setting
- Ability to provide evidence-based professional development to professional educators
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusion, social justice, and equity in teacher education which results in culturally responsive and differentiated instruction
- A teaching and learning philosophy consistent with the mission of the College of Education
Contact: Questions regarding this position can be directed to Dr. Stacey Leftwich, email@example.com.
The application must be submitted through our online applicant tracking system.
All applications should include: a letter of application, which includes a description of research, teaching philosophy and interests, sample publication, curriculum vita, graduate transcripts, and contact information three professional references.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.