The appointee shall provide services as assigned by the supervisor in furtherance of the universitys missions and goals of teaching, research, patient care, outreach and public service.
Specific duties include:
- Assess patient suitability for OPAT, including proposed OPAT setting, antibiotic choice, duration of therapy, required lab monitoring, vascular access care, and all other pertinent risk factors for OPAT complications.
- Provide patient and caregiver teaching regarding infection diagnoses, treatment plans, follow-up care, and risks of OPAT.
- Prescribe OPAT therapy including IV antibiotics and vascular access care.
- Order and interpret laboratory tests and imaging studies to monitor antibiotic side effects and assess response to OPAT treatment.
- Provide clinical follow-up for all OPAT patients.
- Document patient care in a clear and concise manner utilizing EPIC EMR.
- Assess and manage OPAT complications including adverse antibiotic reactions, vascular access problems, or worsening infection in OPAT clinic, OHSU multidisciplinary clinics, or via telephone triage for patients located long distances from OHSU.
- Collaborate with all members of the patients care team, including OPAT and infectious diseases providers, OHSU surgeons and specialists, patients primary care provider, infusion vendors and pharmacists, home health providers, and skilled nursing rehabilitation providers and case managers.
- Participate in OPAT program teaching opportunities, including physician assistant students, medical students, residents, fellows, and community providers.
- Participate in OPAT program quality assurance, cost-effectiveness, patient satisfaction, and OPAT research projects.
- Rounding with inpatient teams and formulating discharge plan and facilitating transition from inpatient to outpatient setting.