| EOE Statement:|
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, protected veteran, or disability status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Pediatrics Computing Facility (PCF). This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Provides leadership and specialized support on information technology equipment and systems for the business, research, and instructional functions of customers. Position involves the advanced use of software and/or hardware tools to provide ongoing services, and responsibilities require expertise with core infrastructure elements and how they interrelate to provide a cohesive computing environment. Position may be more broadly based, requiring knowledge regarding installation, and modification of software and hardware, testing, and documentation on a variety of platforms, or may be singularly focused, requiring specialized skills as systems architect in a larger, more standardized platform. Work may include interaction with customers, technicians, analysts, and specialists to troubleshoot problems related to the use of single and/or multiple information systems. Depending upon the environment, responsibilities may include supervision of technical staff and/or the responsibility for very complex, advanced issue resolution regarding system and infrastructure matters. Coordinates with the Senior Systems Manager for technical decision making responsibility regarding specific solutions or problem resolution methodologies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assigns staff responsibilities for planning and implementing new and revised programs.
- Knows and applies concepts, practices and procedures of supervision and leadership.
- Monitors impact of time, finances, resources and quality of services or projects.
- Seeks guidance on unusual matters from management as appropriate.
- Relies on expertise and judgment to determine, plan and monitor work of the technical unit.
- Manages the comprehensive resource and technology base of the Business Unit to ensure successful implementation and maintenance of assigned objectives and programs.
- Uses strong technical skills to direct and assist staff.
- Measures employee results and initiates personnel actions.
- Manage and support the virtualized private cloud environment with 200+ virtualized servers
- Manage the Active Directory environment
- Manage and monitor the PCF SCCM environment
- Manage cloud based resources such as Azure and Box
- Provide support for the Pediatric Cardiology systems
- Provide support for the Pediatric Pulmonary Function Testing systems
- Provide support for the Pediatric Netbotz environment
- Provide after-hours support on a rotating basis
- Coordinate with the Washington University Shared Services teams as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduation from a 4-year college or university with a degree in IT or related field required plus a minimum of 3 years of experience in operations analysis and design, systems programming, or a closely related field; additional experience in any of these fields may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
The ideal candidate will have experience supporting highly available applications in a clinical environment.
Experience with these technologies highly desired:
- Active Directory Domains
- VMware, Citrix
- SharePoint, System Center Configuration Manager
- System Center Operations Manager
- Symantec NetBackup
- Windows Operating Systems
- Print Server Management.
Planning and Organizing: Ability to lead the development of long-term plans for the work unit. Ability to plan and successfully utilize work unit’s resources to successfully complete assigned tasks within deadline timeframes.
Project Management: Ability to manage projects that have high impact and/or are of highest complexity. Projects often involve significant changes to infrastructure or the implementation of emerging technologies.
Technical Knowledge: Significant knowledge of highly technical and specialized phases of software systems programming. Ability to consult with other analysts and specialists and serve as a technical resource.
Technical Solution Development: Ability to identify and analyze reoccurring problems and serve as an expert in designing system infrastructure. Ability to develop and/or implement highly complex information technology solutions to enhance enterprise success.
Technical Support: Skill in the technical consultation related to complex projects. Skill and knowledge in a highly specialized area of systems analysis and development.
Consultancy Skills: Ability to provide expertise and consultation on technical issues to committees and boards. Knowledge of new or existing technologies to develop solutions and ability to consult with other specialists, analysts, technicians, and vendors.
The hiring range for this position is $65,936 - $85,737 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade G14.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.