Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
General Purpose: The ideal candidate will oversee cold food production for the Catering department and Culinary Support Center making around 14,000 meals a day. They should have experience in a lead role with the ability to work in a high volume production environment. Someone who has innovation and shows excitement. Ability to delegate, trouble shoot problems, uses quality control. Following core values of high degree of familiarity with health and wellness/sustainability.
Required Education and Experience: Five years of experience in equivalent operations that include, production and preparation of cold food to include catering, retail, and residential. Or two year degree in culinary arts.
Required Licenses or Certifications: ServSafe Certification, and satisfactory completion of the Engaged Leadership Training
- Ability to read, write, and follow written and oral instructions. Responsible for maintaining a professional appearance. Must comply with safety and sanitation regulations as prescribed by law, and must comply with proper dress code as designated by the department.
- Must display strong leadership skills. Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to take and give direction.
- Ability to train employees using various training methods.
- Ability to use independent judgment when performing tasks, under minimal supervision. Ability to take direction and utilize communication skills in a professional manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment and assist co-workers with their duties as time allows. Ability to maintain a friendly and positive customer service attitude. Ability to handle customer complaints calmly, professionally, and respectfully.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at www.yale.edu/jobs - the STARS req ID for this position is 37024BR. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.