At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Information Systems Department and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
The Clinical Informatics Specialist will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership and expertise in quality improvement, education, informatics and research to the departments of Nursing and Patient Services through the processes of collaboration, consultation, facilitation, and education.
- Identifying, developing, implementing, and maintaining an efficient and effective clinical information system.
- Overseeing and examining current processes and protocols and comparing them to best practices and standards
- Identifying areas that require improvement and recommend solutions to achieve desired outcome.
- Ensuring compliance with business and clinical procedures and protocols and ensuring consistency in application system use by staff.
To qualify, you must have:
- A Master's degree in Nursing or a closely related health care field.
- 5 to 6 years of experience in business and clinical process improvement, organizational change and/or project management.
- The analytical skills to resolve highly complex problems requiring the application of clinical, scientific or technical principles, theories and concepts and indepth, crossfunctional experiencedbased knowledge.
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively deal with conflicting views or issues and mediate fair solutions, or welldeveloped writing skills.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.*LI