| Rowan University is a comprehensive state-designated research institution with approximately 16,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20-miles southeast of Philadelphia, and it has a branch campus and medical school in Camden and a second medical school in nearby Stratford. Rowan is one of two universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical-degree programs. The School of Osteopathic Medicine has a faculty practice plan that serves approximately 200,000 patients throughout Southern New Jersey. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. The University boasts seven colleges--William G. Rohrer College of Business, Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering and colleges of Communications and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics. Rowan has been recognized as one of the Top 100 public universities in the nation and is ranked 3rd among public institutions in the North by US News & World Report. |
Provides safe and effective programs to Fitness Center members in a clean, safe environment. Conducts exercise routine with Fitness Center members following policies, procedures and protocols of the University and its Fitness Center. Contributes to all aspects of the training program and general upkeep of the Fitness Center.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION and/or other duties:
1. Creates safe and effective exercise routines designed to meet Fitness Center members' needs and goals.
2. Instructs members in proper procedures to ensure compliance and prevent injuries.
3. Administrate and interprets fitness evaluations and clearly communicates the results to Fitness Center Members.
4. Originates exercise program in accordance with physician guidelines, as required.
5. Answers all questions of the Fitness Center members and investigates/researches matters if answers are unavailable. Provides for member needs at all times.
6. Assists in any project or function related to exercise training.
7. Assists in the development of new exercise routines and/or updates to present exercise programs.
8. Maintains a clean, safe environment which includes pick-up of towels or litter, putting away charts, reporting broken equipment of potentially dangerous conditions and return exercise equipment to proper locations.
9. Follows all policies and procedures of the Fitness Center.
10. Answers all questions regarding the fees and procedures for joining the Fitness Center.
11. Maintains knowledge of the history and present programs of the Fitness Center.
12. Upholds the philosophy of the Fitness Center as well as the principles of safe exercise.
13. Provides one-on-one personal training sessions for clients who require personal attention.
14. Contacts present members by telephone, electronic mail or by mail in an effort to enhance member retention and participation at the University Wellness Center.
15. Origination of educational or informative bulletin boards promoting exercise, health and related topics.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree in Exercise Science, or related field; CPR certification required; Group Exercise certification preferred; Experience in fitness testing, exercise prescription and personal training preferred. Knowledge of general exercise principles and cardiovascular strength and flexibility required.
Please be advised that some positions are subject to the residency requirements of the NJ First Act (N.J.S.A. 52:14-7, P.L. 2011, Chapter 70). Any person hired into identified positions shall either have their principal residence in New Jersey or they have one year from the date of employment to establish, and then maintain, principal residence in the State of New Jersey. The law also provides that any person may petition a State committee for an exemption from the requirements based on critical need or hardship.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.
The Stratford, NJ Campus is a Tobacco-Free Workplace.