Job Summary: SON faculty members who have advanced practice specialization (nurse practitioner, nurse-midwife, clinical nurse specialist or nurse anesthetist) may function in all of the missions of the School. Scholarly teaching is an expectation for all. The faculty member must be nationally certified and state licensed. If practice is a part of the FTE assignment, the faculty member must also be credentialed and privileged as a member of the OHSU Professional Staff in accordance with the specialty bylaws. The faculty member will provide services as determined by the Associate Dean for Practice Graduate and Clinical Programs in furtherance of the universitys missions and goals of teaching, research, patient care, outreach and public service. The advanced practice faculty member is expected to comply with scope of practice, other laws, regulations, OHSU and SON policy, and other applicable professional standards of practice.
The duties of this position include:
1. Clinical Activities: Practice is required to maintain APN license. Time commitment to be negotiated.
2. Scholarly Activities : Scholarship in research, teaching or practice is required Time commitment to be negotiated.
3. Education Activities: Didactic and clinical teaching of graduate nurse practitioner students. Curriculum development.
4. Service Activities: Participation and leadership in program, school and university-wide meetings and committee as appropriate to workload commitments.
5. Administrative Activities: None.
6. Other Activities: The appointee shall provide services as assigned by the supervisor in furtherance of the universitys missions and goals of teaching, research, patient care, outreach and public service.