Requisition ID: P0022552101
Department: Student Affairs: Engemann Student Health Center_14
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: University Park Campus
The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown L.A. and is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the "Trojan Family," which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make the university what it is.
USC's The Engemann Student Health Center in the Division of Student Affairs is seeking a Medical Assistant to join its team.
Medical Assistant provides assistance to practitioners in delivering health care services including routine, emergency, and specialty encounters. This position serves as a member of the health care delivery team assisting in promoting physical and emotional comfort for the patient.
- Determines patient care needs and directs patients accordingly
- Prepares patients for examinations. Obtains and records vital signs
- Distributes medical records o practitioners
- Assists practitioners, as required, to deliver health care services, examinations and procedures for patients.
- Provides coverage/relief for specialty clinics.
- Ensures health care delivery areas are fully stocked, organized, clean, and disinfected. Orders supplies, as needed
- Assists in central service with cleaning and sterilization of equipment. Maintains a working knowledge of sterile and clean techniques
- Assists in coverage for switchboard, appointment system, and reception area, as needed.
- Prepares medical equipment, physical environment, and patient for procedures as ordered by practitioners.
- Documents information regarding all performed procedures in medical records .
- Schedules patient appointments and directs patients to appropriate care units using guidelines and R.N. supervisory guidance
- Prepares and maintains practitioners’ schedules. Assists with schedule changes as necessary
- Ensures patient’s right to privacy, safety and confidentiality is maintained
- Maintains a safe environment in accordance with standards, policies and safety regulations. Ensures compliance with infection control policies
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time
1 year Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Certificate of completion from medical assistant program. Experience in medical office management, medical secretarial and medical assistance.