| Another Source's client, McKinstry, is recruiting a Data Center Operating Engineer (Electrician) to join their Phoenix, AZ team. |
Are you looking for an opportunity with a company that cares? Do you have HVAC or electrical experience? McKinstry is looking for a HVAC or Electrical Technicians responsible for preventive maintenance and troubleshooting to join their Phoenix data center team. This position offers ample opportunities for growth and stability.
McKinstry's success isn't a matter of fate or luck. It's the natural consequence of their commitment to innovation, how they support their employees, the unique truly integrated way they deliver, the long-term relationships they forge with their clients, and their unwavering commitment to creating buildings that are good to their owners, occupants, and the environment. Innovation runs on ideas, which can come from anywhere. Projects at McKinstry are not owned by individuals or departments, but by all employees, which is why it's common to see new employees from one discipline collaborating with 30-year veterans from another.
Established in 1960, McKinstry is a full-service design, build, operate and maintain (DBOM) firm with over 1,600 employees. McKinstry's professional staff and trades people deliver consulting, construction, energy, and facility services. As an early adopter of the DBOM process, the company advocates collaborative and sustainable solutions that are designed to ensure occupant comfort, improve systems efficiency, reduce facility operational costs, and ultimately optimize client profitability for the life of their building. While we are well known for our expertise in design build delivery, our full service offerings of mechanical, electrical, data and plumbing have been the hallmark of our success.
McKinstry is currently seeking a Critical Facility Engineer to join the team as a member of their growing Facility Services Division. The qualified candidate will be responsible for:
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with internal and external clients
- Respond to customer service requests in a timely manner
- Respond to emergency calls
Maintain Data Center Systems
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, and ABILITIES
- Perform routine maintenance tasks in accordance with McKinstry Safety Policy and Procedures
- Inspect buildings, grounds and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend system upgrades
- Order parts and supplies for maintenance and repairs
- Solicit proposals for outsourced work
- Work with vendors and contractors to ensure their work meets McKinstry and Client standards
- Perform all maintenance to ensure the highest level of efficiency without disruption to the business.
- Accurate and timely completion of work order requests
- Escalate issues to Critical Environment Facility Manager as needed
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and life safety systems typically used in critical environments.
- High school diploma or equivalent or equivalent work experience required.
- 1 year experience in a Critical Environment required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Physical ability to walk jobsites in uneven terrain.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
- Ability to work at heights and from ladders.
- Ability to regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Respond to off hour emergency calls.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process.
Key Words: 85282, Phoenix, Arizona,Tempe, HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical, Data Center, Operations, Preventative Maintenance, Infrastructure, Building Systems, Controls, Automation, Facility Technician, Building Engineer, Critical Environment, Industrial, Electrician, Facilities