The Research Study Assistant performs biomedical and/or social-behavioral research by administering tests and/or questionnaires following protocols; collecting, compiling, tabulating and/or processing responses; gathering information; and/or assisting in the preparation of material for inclusion in reports. This role completes all activities by strictly following Good Clinical Practices (GCP) & all relevant current local, state, & federal laws, regulations, guidance, policy & procedure developed by the NU Institutional Review Board (IRB), Food & Drug Administration (FDA) Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), & the International Conference on Harmonization (ICH).
- Recruits study participants.
- Reviews & obtains informed consent.
- Schedules study visits with participants.
- Conducts interviews.
- Scores test results.
- Collects survey data.
- Maintains detailed records of results which may include collecting, extracting & entering data
- Preparing basic charts & graphs.
- Completes portions of grant applications and/or documents associated with current local, state, & federal regulatory guidelines, requirements, laws & research protocols.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in a major such as social or health science or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Must complete NU's IRB CITI training before interacting with any participants & must re-certify every 3 years.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Excellent computer capabilities
- Microsoft Office knowledge
- Works well with others
- Some basic or health sciences related education or appropriate combination of education and experience.
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.