Seeking out multiple IT Security Instructors to author curricula and lead in the instruction of IT Security courses which lead to industry recognized credentials. These credentials may include:
- CompTIA Security+
- GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)
- CCNA Security
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practioner (CASP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
Applicant must have significant real-world experience and be willing to attain Industry Recognized Certification by passing relevant certification exams if they currently do not hold the credential. Harper College may assist instructors in attaining specific professional credentials in order to teach Advanced IT Security courses.
A great applicant for this opportunity is someone who has a professional background and the technical expertise in the technology they are teaching. Effective presentation skills and caring attention to students is also necessary to help adults learn to use technology more effectively to achieve business results.
Daytime teaching position, 2 days a week from 9am - 5pm
Evening teaching position, 2 days a week from 6-10:15pm
Saturdays from 8:30am - 5:30pm
Hours Per Week:
Duties of Position:
- Delivers cybersecurity training and teaches material from approved curriculum
- Conduct advanced training courses in cyber operations such as; intrusion detection, intrusion investigation, log analysis, malware analysis, network exploitation and other relevant topics
- Develops curriculum, lesson, and capstone plans which include lab activities
- Develop competency checklist and works with employer to ensure on-the-job learning competencies are demonstrated
- Integrates, maintains and updates learning content in Blackboard LMS
- Work with technical support team to ensure technology used for learning is set-up in accordance to instructional and lab activity requirements
- Submit mid-term attendance and final grades in Banner within the expected timeframes
- Motivates students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process
- Conducts needs assessments to ensure student training requirements are met
- Maintains expertise in subject area and recommends improvements in curriculum design
IT Certification required, CISSP certification preferred. Extensive experience working with information and network security, knowledge of data security practices, operating systems, software, and hardware. Bachelor's degree in computer science, managment information systems, or related field preferred.
Teaching experience is preferred. Minimum four years of relevant industry experience working in an Advanced IT environment and with Network Security.
Required Documents: ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.
Your application can remain "Under Review by Committee" for 18 months. You may check your status at any time by logging into jobs.harpercollege.edu with your useer name and password.