Requisition Number: 2016041F
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Faculty
Job Description Summary:
Perform full-time operations of the instructional program. Faculty members at
Essential Duties :
1. Teach communication studies (SPCH) classes as assigned by the Dean, Assistant Dean or Department Head.
2. Provides instruction for courses at a variety of times and locations.
3. Demonstrates a commitment to student engagement, student success, and instructional excellence.
4. Maintains regular office hours and access to students through posted office hours and electronic communication.
5. Prepares and utilizes a course syllabus and assessments for each course using guidelines established by the institution.
6. Maintains current knowledge of effective teaching methodologies, delivery methods, classroom media, and educational resources.
7. Advises students in academic matters.
8. Evaluates studentsâ performance through a variety of means to measure progress and keep them informed in a timely manner.
9. Assists in the development, distribution and collection of assessments for courses and program objectives.
10. Provides recommendations to the Academic Dean, Assistant Dean, Department Heads, and Curriculum Resource Team regarding curriculum.
11. Demonstrates a positive and professional relationship with students, colleagues, college administration, and the community.
12. Submits timely college reports and forms to the appropriate divisions/departments.
13. Exhibits a commitment to lifelong learning through participation in professional development activities.
14. Possesses a passion for teaching community college students.
15. Demonstrates effective communication skills, both written and orally.
16. Attends college orientation and required institutional meetings.
17. Serves on division and/or college committees.
18. Responsible for other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Masterâs degree with at least 18 graduate hours in Communication, Communication Studies, Speech Communication.
Must be able to pass required background checks for Blinn and background checks and/or finger printing for any external facilities, per their requirements.
1. Knowledge of, or interest in on-line instructional design.
2. College level teaching experience desirable.
3. Credentialing to teach COMM courses (Mass Communication) desirable.
Salary Range: per full time faculty salary schedule