Requisition Number: 2016040F
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Faculty
Job Description Summary:
To perform the day-to-day operations of the instructional program. Faculty members at Blinn College are unranked and have the common title of Instructor.
Essential Duties :
1. Teach ARCH studio and lecture classes as assigned by the Dean or Assistant Dean
2. Provides instruction for courses at a variety of times and locations.
3. Demonstrates a commitment to student engagement, student success, and instructional excellence.
4. Maintains regular office hours and access to students through posted office hours and electronic communication.
5. Prepares and utilizes a course syllabus and assessments for each course using guidelines established by the institution.
6. Maintains current knowledge of effective teaching methodologies, delivery methods, classroom media, and educational resources.
7. Advises students in academic matters.
8. Evaluates studentsâ performance through a variety of means to measure progress and keep them informed in a timely manner.
9. Assists in the development, distribution and collection of assessments for courses and program objectives.
10. Provides recommendations to the Academic Dean, Assistant Dean, Department Heads, and Curriculum Resource Team regarding curriculum.
11. Demonstrates a positive and professional relationship with students, colleagues, college administration, and the community.
12. Submits timely college reports and forms to the appropriate divisions/departments.
13. Exhibits a commitment to lifelong learning through participation in professional development activities.
14. Possesses a passion for teaching community college students.
15. Demonstrates effective communication skills, both written and orally.
16. Attends college orientation and required institutional meetings.
17. Serves on division and/or college committees.
18. Responsible for other related duties as assigned.
19. Ability to teach these programs: Google Sketchup, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign and AutoCAD.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Master’s degree with at least 18 graduate hours in the teaching field(s).
Must be able to pass required background checks for Blinn and background checks and/or finger printing for any external facilities, per their requirements.
1. Candidate must show strong architecture studio background at the graduate level.
2. College level teaching and/or professional practice preferred.
3. Ability to teach: historic architecture, landscape architecture, drafting, architectural design and graphics, 2-D and 3-D drawings using computer technology such as Google Sketchup, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign and AutoCAD.
4. Ability and interest in working in collaboration with a team of artists/professors to further the development of the department.
Salary Range: Salary commensurate with education and experience