| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Division of Clinical Research. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The successful candidate will be responsible for collaborating with the Principal Investigator on the design, conduct, data analysis, and reporting of perinatal research projects. The Principal Investigator has a vibrant clinical research portfolio including large observational studies and multicenter clinical trials. The incumbent will perform literature searches help design, implement, analyze and report on research projects. It is expected that the successful candidate will perform data analysis, participate in writing and editing research reports and grant applications with the Principal investigator. The candidate will manage multiple projects in parallel.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct literature searches related to research projects
- Assist in the design, protocol development, conduct and reporting of clinical trials and observational research projects
- Work with study coordinators and data managers on the design and development of data entry systems, and maintain efficient and accurate, research databases
- Perform data analysis and data management including generation of publication quality materials such as tables and graphs for manuscripts and grants
- Prepare and submit reports, manuscripts and meeting abstracts.
- Comply with established safety procedures and regulations, and maintain required documentation
- Assists with grant preparation and reporting. May submit grant proposals in rare circumstances with the approval of the Principal Investigator, Department Chair and Dean
- Assist with mentoring students, residents, fellows and junior faculty on research projects
- Performed other takes assigned by the Principal Investigator
Bachelor of Science degree plus 4 years of clinical or research experience with at least 1 year of lead or supervisory experience included; 8 years of relevant education and work experience may substitute for this requirement.
- Ph.D. in Epidemiology, Biostatistics or related discipline or a Masters with 2 years of research experience
- Experience in clinical medicine, perinatal epidemiology, and data management and analysis
- It is desirable the candidate has familiarity with clinical trials and experience working with large datasets.
- Proficiency with at least one statistical analysis language, preferably STATA or SAS
- Ability to communicate clearly and tactfully
- Strong medical writing skills
- Ability to prioritize work effectively to meet timelines
- Work effectively in a team environment and be flexible to contribute to the needs of the group
- Good judgment, professionalism and independence
The hiring range for this position is commensurate with experience.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade C13.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.
Applicant Special Instructions:
Interested candidates should submit a Cover Letter, C.V. and a Statement of Research Experience.