Requisition Number: 2016029F
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Faculty
Job Description Summary:
To perform the day-to-day operations of the instructional programs in Mathematics on the Brenham Campus.
Essential Duties :
1. Provides instruction for courses at a variety of times and locations.
2. Demonstrates a commitment to student engagement, student success, and instructional excellence.
3. Maintains access to students through posted office hours and electronic communication.
4. Prepares and utilizes a course syllabus and assessments for each course using guidelines established by the institution.
5. Maintains current knowledge of effective teaching methodologies and utilizes a variety of instructional delivery methods, classroom media, and educational resources
6. Advises students in academic matters.
7. Evaluates studentsâ performance through a variety of means to measure progress and keep them informed in a timely manner.
8. Assists in the development, distribution and collection of assessments for courses and program objectives.
9. Provides recommendations to the Academic Dean, Assistant Dean, Department Heads, and Curriculum Resource Team regarding curriculum.
10. Demonstrates a positive and professional relationship with students, colleagues, college administration, and the community.
11. Provides information that is requested from all faculty.
12. Submits timely college reports and forms to the appropriate divisions/departments.
13. Exhibits a commitment to lifelong learning through participation in professional development activities.
14. Possesses a passion for teaching community college students.
15. Demonstrates effective communication skills, both written and orally.
16. Attends college orientation and required institutional meetings.
17. Responsible for other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Masterâs degree in Mathematics with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in appropriate mathematics content coursework from an accredited college or university.
Teaching experience (either at the college or secondary level)
College teaching experience, including teaching college level STEM mathematics classes such as Calculus.
On-line teaching experience.
In addition to Master’s degree in Mathematics a Master’s degree or 18 graduate hours in either Engineering or Computer Science.
Salary Range: Per faculty salary schedule