This position is responsible for the successful operation of Central Access, a self-funded, revenue generating program. Responsibilities include setting goals, developing processes and resolving complex problems. This position provides guidance and consultative services at all levels of the organization. The Central Access Administrator supports Disability Services in collaborating with students, faculty and staff, to proactively create usable, equitable, inclusive, and sustainable learning environments by advising and training about reasonable accommodations, disability rights and responsibilities, technology, and local, state, and federal legislation related to disabilities.
- Program and/or project management experience; including responsibility/oversight for budget, employees, and results.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
OR any combination of education and experience which clearly demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Services or a related field.
- Familiarity with strategies and experience working with students with disabilities, preferably in an institution of higher education.
- Working knowledge of adaptive/assistive software, equipment and applications including alternate format conversion programs.
- Ability to use advanced techniques in spreadsheet, database, and/or presentation software.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting; and
- Resume including work history, education, training and contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: April 15, 2016
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.