Brown University, Computing and Information Services seeks qualified applications for the position of User Support Specialist.
Working with the User Support Group within the Center for Computation and Visualization (CCV), the User Support Specialist is responsible for providing high level support for Brown researchers and their collaborators. This includes installing, debugging and maintaining domain specific scientific applications, and understanding best use practices needed to take full advantage of the Universities high performance computing (HPC) resources. User Support Specialist is also responsible for helping users adapt to a production shared resource, its scheduling system, and itâ??s high performance data storage systems. This position is also expected to help produce and present workshops and technical presentations in support of CCV activities. Other responsibilities include providing parallel coding support, adapting serial codes to effectively use CCV resources, and provide new and improved web documentation and functionality to the centers clients.
- Undergraduate degree in mathematics, engineering or sciences discipline; computational emphasis in degree research.
- Extensive experience with Unix/Linux systems, shell scripts, and open source software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Broad knowledge of and experience with parallel systems and parallel computing techniques
- Knowledge of or experience with advanced computational applications
- Experience with distributed parallel computing architectures and software systems
- Experience with parallelization of serial computational applications
- Preference to applicants with experience in one or several of the areas: GPU computing, large scale visualization, teaching of high-performance computing.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory criminal background check and education verification.
Recruiting Start Date:2016-03-23-07:00
Job Posting Title:User Support Specialist
Department:Brown's Center for Computation and Visualization
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, sex, sex orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.