Skills & Requirements
Education, Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Minimum license: 200 Ton Master, inland, with towing and radar endorsement
· Bachelor’s Degree, Preferably from a Maritime College/Univerisity
· TWIC card
· Previous experience as Master of a twin screw tug engaged in barge towing
· Must be able to direct, evaluate, and correct performance of subordinates
· Ability to work various hours and holidays/weekends
· Willingness and ability to be flexible and creative
· Must meet “fit for duty” requirements upon job offer (pre-employment physical and drug test)
· The employee must meet physical requirements including but not limited to, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing up/down ladders and stairs, negotiating uneven and moving surfaces
· Must be physically fit enough to pull heavy lines/hoses, lift, carry heavy items, climb onto barges and up and down ladders.
· Must be able to work in difficult conditions with exposure to all weather conditions (rain, ice, snow, wind, heat, etc.)
· Must be comfortable working aboard boats and barges using heavy lines, winches, and mechanical tools for repairs
· Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and work at protected heights up to 160 feet.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.