| EOE Statement:|
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, protected veteran, or disability status.
High school degree and two years of related experience in operating a chemical process in an industrial or research setting
Complete knowledge of MS office, including Word, Excel, Outlook
Critical Skills and Expertise:
High technical aptitude and ability to troubleshoot.
High degree of commitment and self-motivation.
Strong interpersonal, teamwork and organizational skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
College degree or technical certificate in engineering technology, or related field.
5 or more years of experience in operating a chemically process in an industrial or research setting.
Computer Aided Design (CAD) skills
Knowledge and experience with Labview or other control software.
Experience with data acquisition and process control systems.
Experience with systems at elevated pressure.
The Combustion Systems Operator (CSO) will be responsible for operating and maintaining various experimental combustion test systems to support cutting edge research conducted by faculty, students and staff.
1. Operate combustion test furnaces.
2. Perform system modifications to piping, instrumentation, and electrical wiring as needed.
3. Assist with heavy equipment assembly/disassembly.
4. Oversee and conduct maintenance of facility equipment, including routine calibration of instruments.
5. Assist in development and maintenance of standard operating procedures.
6. Maintain records for equipment maintenance & system change logs.
7. Order parts and supplies for facility.
8. Assist with training and record keeping for occupational and environmental health and safety compliance.
9. Perform other duties as assigned by the Lab Director.
Job Location/Working Conditions:
Dust, dirt, grease or other disagreeable elements
Requires extensive safety training
Exposure to moving machinery
Requires protective devices
Typically standing or walking
Occasional lifting (25-50 lbs)
Using tools requiring high dexterity
Simple hand tools
Heavy equipment (buffers, mowers, forklift, etc)
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
The hiring range for this position is $13.52 - $18.25 per hour.