Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine
Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital
University of California, San Francisco
The Department of Pediatrics at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is recruiting new faculty members at the Assistant or Associate rank of the Health Sciences (HS) Clinical faculty series for appointment to full-time and part-time General Pediatrician positions at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital (ZSFG). The successful candidates will possess outstanding clinical and teaching skills, a demonstrated commitment to urban, underserved pediatric patients, and a demonstrated commitment to academic medicine and education.
The selected candidates will be invited to become members of the ZSFG Pediatric Service, a dynamic group of 25 faculty members dedicated to exceptional patient care, teaching, and scholarship. Duties may include clinical work in the outpatient Children’s Health Center in primary, urgent, and specialty care, as well as attending on the Pediatric Inpatient unit. One of the positions will focus on outpatient pediatric services and the other position will focus on acute care (urgent care and inpatient) pediatrics. Administrative opportunities are available within the Department for qualified faculty members.
• Board certification in Pediatrics
• Possession of or eligibility for a California medical license
• At least two years of experience providing clinical care to children from birth through age 21 in an underserved, urban location
• At least two years of experience teaching and supervising medical students and residents in a clinical setting
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
• Experience caring for children with developmental challenges and special health care needs
• Experience leading administrative or Quality Improvement projects
• Demonstrated experience in collaborative teamwork
All applicants must apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF00818, where they will be asked to submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and a statement of teaching.
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.