Casey Eye Institute (CEI) Operating Room is a 4-bed OR that provides care to neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatric patients that require ophthalmic surgical care encompassing routine to complex diagnoses. CEI is staffed 24-hours a day, 365 days a year to provide scheduled and emergency patient care. Approximately 98% of our patients go home on the same day of their surgery with the remaining 2% being hospitalized patients. We have seven sub specialties: Cataracts, cornea, child eye (pediatrics), glaucoma, oculoplastic , oncology and retina. As a regional referral center with a national reputation we do close to 5,000 cases per year.
This position functions within the University Hospitals and Clinics, which is accountable for the delivery of nursing services to patients.
The CEI Perioperative Services' RN Manager plans, organizes, manages and directs the activities of the hospital departments. This position has continuous operational authority and responsibility for accomplishments of the hospital departmental goals and objectives. The Nurse Manager of CEI Perioperative Services has operational authority over 4 surgery suites as well the Short Stay / PACU unit. This role functions as a role model and resource person.
The RN Nurse Manager position establishes and maintains effective relationships with patients, familys physicians, staff, administration, other departments and external agencies to identify expectations, determine variance, jointly identify targets, design or modify processes, and monitor and evaluate the results leading to additional improvement.
This position supports the Casey Eye Institute and Patient Care Services Division through coordination and participation in special projects that further the goals and objectives of the Institution and Division, the Hospital/Clinics, and the University. This position performs Managerial activities on /off shift hours which include discipline, evaluations and enforcing adherence to hospital and clinical standards of performance.
Responsibilities include budget/finance management, personnel management assistance in space planning, facilities, inventory and equipment. The RN Manager works closely with the CEI Perioperative Services Director.
The RN Manager works with and advises the Director in the management, development, direction, coordination and evaluation of the practice of professional nursing. Supports staff to facilitate a multi-disciplinary and collaborative approach in the provision of health care within a specialty area. The RN Manager has 24 hour/day operational responsibility, functions as a clinical resource, and assumes Director functions in his/her absence.