The Vessel Support/Ambassador is an integral part of the safe operation of the M/V Sam Houston vessel and an ambassador for the Port Authority. Carrying out tasks which support the Sr. Captain/Captain and allows the vessel to function in its role as a tour boat
Essential Job Functions:
- Vessel Support/Ambassador should at all times present a positive professional image for the Port Authority.
- Be visible and engaging at all times and interact with the passengers on a regular basis to provide quality customer service, this includes greeting passengers, providing an overview of the Port Authority, and conveying pertinent information and statistics.
- Maintains the vessel’s cleanliness, keeps decks clean, polishes teak and chrome, provides manpower for tasks assigned, provides food and beverage service, collects trash, assists passengers on/off the vessel and assists in providing the necessary comforts of the passengers.
- Performs dock side duties.
- Handles vessel lines to moor and unmoor, assists passengers when boarding and departing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In return for your hardwork and dedication, we will provide you a career with great pay and benefits, training, advancement potential and a whole lot more, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance immediately
- Life insurance
- Career paths
- Defined contribution retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Sick time
When you take the first step with the Port of Houston Authority, you’ve taken the first step in the right direction in your new career path. Great pay, benefits, and a long tradition are just the beginning. Get READY!
The ideal candidate must possess, at minimum, a High School Diploma/GED equivalent; a Bachelor’s degree in Maritime Administration, Transportation, or related field preferred. Six (6) months of marine experience preferred.