UCSF School of Nursing
Department of Family Health Care Nursing
Health Sciences Assistant/Associate/Full Clinical Professor
The University of California, San Francisco School of Nursing Department of Family Health Care Nursing is seeking a qualified individual for a part-time to full-time appointment as a Health Sciences Assistant/Associate/Full Clinical Professor for the Nurse-Midwifery and Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner Program.
The position may incorporate a variety of roles of variable percentage, within teaching, clinical practice, service, and research/creative activities:
• For teaching, the faculty will supervise, teach, and evaluate students in the classroom, skills lab, simulation, clinical and community settings; develop course materials; participate in CNM/WHNP curriculum development; identify and develop clinical placements and community clinical resources; and provide academic advisement for students.
• For clinical practice, the faculty will maintain active clinical practice.
• For service, the faculty will attend CNM/WHNP faculty meetings and Dept/School/Campus committees as assigned; contribute to professional, community, and academic organizations and to the University across Dept/School/Campus levels.
• For research/creative activities, the faculty will disseminate clinical knowledge developments through peer reviewed presentations and manuscripts.
• Active Registered Nurse license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
• Active Nurse-Midwife or Nurse Practitioner certificate, and Furnishing License issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
• Master’s degree in Nursing, midwifery, public health, or other related fields
and/or Doctorate in Nursing Practice.
• Active DEA licensure
• Active national certification through either the American Midwifery Certification Board or as a nationally certified nurse practitioner in the specialty areas of Women's Health and/or Family and/or Adult.
• Five (5) or more years of clinical experience as practicing nurse-midwife or nurse practitioner with experience in women’s health care.
• Evidence demonstrating a record of success leading, supervising and/or working with diverse, multi-cultural, interprofessional teams.
• Evidence of commitment to serving the underserved.
• Two (2) or more years of experience in clinical precepting of advanced practice nursing students.
• Two (2) or more years of experience in teaching in advanced practice nursing programs with responsibility for course design and participation in curricular activities.
• Evidence of teaching excellence, experience in patient care, and involvement in other scholarly and/or other creative activities.
• Multilingual skills, preferred languages: Spanish.
• Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal abilities.
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe products.
• Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with multiple organizational levels and contacts: interprofessional colleagues and learners, faculty, students, external key contacts, community-based partners, and campus leadership.
• Participation and/or leadership experience in national professional organizations.
How to Apply
Please apply online with curriculum vitae, statement of teaching, cover letter and contact information for three professional references at: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF00554
Cover Letter should be addressed to Rebekah Kaplan: Chair, Search Committee, Department of Family Health Care Nursing. Department staff contact for application questions is Bel Sales at Marieville.Sales@ucsf.edu
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.