Manager, Clinical Operations, Department of Surgery
Nemours Childrenâ€™s Health System
March 14, 2018
As one of the nation's leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children â“ even those who may never enter our doors â“ through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Under the direction of the Director of Clinical Operations, provide oversight and supervision of outpatient clinical operations of the department. Ensure that operations support family-centered care and excellence in quality and patient services. Provide direct supervision to clinical support staff.
Conduct all leadership and management in accordance with Nemours Standards of Behavior. Advance continuous improvement in all ambulatory and related operations of the Department of Surgery.
1. Supervise assigned clinical staff. This includes: a. All aspects of interviewing, hiring, orientation and training, employee counseling and disciplinary action, when necessary; b. Coordinate and maintain staff work schedules, ensuring adequate coverage of clinical activity; c. Oversee performance management process and conduct annual performance evaluations for staff members; provide ongoing coaching and counseling; d. Conduct regular staff meetings; e. Monitor and manage overtime and timekeeping processes for staff; f. Manage staff members in alignment with Nemours Standards of Behavior.
2. Provide oversight of outpatient care center locations: a. Ensure inventory systems for adequate par levels of office and clinical supplies, including medications; b. Maintain complex divisional equipment according to manufacturer recommendations and Clinical Engineering safety protocols. Ensure safe storage and processing of equipment. c. Ensure that regular maintenance is performed on all equipment; d. Ensure that the Care Centers and Waiting Rooms are maintained in a safe, orderly, and clean fashion.
3. Monitor all clinical and non-clinical care center functions on a daily basis, ensuring appropriate patient services. Provide guidance and direction to staff members as appropriate.
4. In coordination with Director of Clinical Operations and Ambulatory Care Coordinator, advance department opportunities for cost savings and revenue enhancement.
5. Participate in the development of and execution of continuous process improvement initiatives. Ensure that improvements are sustained through sound procedures, staff education and regular monitoring. Ensure that daily readiness huddles occur in all clinical areas and oversee huddle monitoring and development.
6. Work collaboratively with other department members to ensure service excellence to patients, families, colleagues, and referring physicians. Ensure adherence to standard business practices and policies. Educate staff members so that protocols are maintained and sustained.
7. Provide verbal and written operational reports to the Director of Clinical Operations.
8. Participates in planning and monitoring the budget for defined areas of responsibility.
9. Additional miscellaneous duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned by supervisor.
1.Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to accept change. 2. Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills. 3. Demonstrate leadership qualities. 4. Work positively as a team. 5. Maintain strict confidentiality with regard to patient and staff information. 6. Maintain and promote professionalism in all interactions. 7. Demonstrate decision making skills and be proactive. 8. Accept feedback in a constructive fashion and work to improve performance based on feedback. 9. Demonstrate accurate information gathering and documentation skills. 10. Use verbal and written means of communication responsibly and in a clear and concise manner. 11. Use varied means, including continuing education, to expand knowledge base of pediatric surgical subspecialties.
Education and Training:
Clinical training and licensure preferred â“ respiratory therapy, physician assistant.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique âœBridge to a Healthy Futureâ pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.