Union Level: Department: Provost Campus: Sacramento Posting Number: 201301299P Full or Part Time: Full Time Number of Months: 12 Work Schedule: Travel is required between Sacramento, Stockton and San Francisco campuses. Work performed during standard business hours, however must be available to work some evening and weekend hours to meet business needs. Position End Date: Open Date: 03/08/2018 Close Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Special Instructions:
Primary Purpose: The Director of Graduate Admission and Recruitment develops, manages and leads graduate admission and recruitment operations for all graduate programs at University of Pacific's three campuses (Sacramento, San Francisco, Stockton). In collaboration with the Assistant Dean of Enrollment and Student Services, the Director develops and executes an annual comprehensive recruitment plan and provides leadership and supervision for the implementation of innovative and effective recruitment strategies. The Director will provide oversight over application processing, provide application policy guidance for programs, and will maintain and oversee admission operations, working in conjunction with university information technology and customer relationship management (CRM) staff to ensure functionality of all admission systems and workflows.
Essential Functions: Recruitment: 1. Supervises all central graduate recruitment staff (Sacramento).
2. In collaboration with the Assistant Dean, establishes a comprehensive strategic recruitment & communication plan for 30+ graduate programs and directs the implementation of the plan including vision and oversight for all on and off-campus recruitment initiatives, open house events, corporate visits, recruitment fairs, externally-delivered information sessions, etc.
3. Coordinates central recruitment activities with graduate program staff and faculty; develops/directs targeted recruitment initiatives and follow-through for 30+ graduate level programs.
4. Directs the development and delivery of student yield events to optimize the needs of each program.
5. Provides strategic oversight and directs the development and implementation of the electronic communication plan through the universitys CRM for graduate program recruitment; ensures accuracy of all electronic communication to inquiry and applicant populations.
6. Attends internal admission events and external recruitment events, as needed.
Admissions & Operations: 7. Supervises all central graduate admission processing staff (Stockton) and systems operations staff (Sacramento).
8. Provides a strategic vision for effective and efficient admission procedures and oversees graduate admission workflow processes for 30+ graduate programs.
9. Working with the graduate program admission committees, ensures complex university admission policies are applied effectively across all graduate programs.
10. In collaboration with the Assistant Dean, oversees and approves graduate admission exceptions.
11. Manages the process for launching applications and workflows for all new graduate programs or partnerships.
12. In collaboration with the Assistant Dean, leads the Graduate School admission and recruitment team in effective and efficient use of all admission and recruitment systems including eight CAS applications and the Salesforce CRM.
13. Analyzes admission and enrollment data and in collaboration with the Assistant Dean and Dean, provides annual enrollment projections for all graduate programs.
14. Ensures accurate reporting within the CRM and Banner for graduate programs.
Additional Duties: 15. Continuously builds and maintains relationships with faculty and staff in all graduate programs across three campuses (Sacramento, San Francisco, and Stockton) and provides superior customer service to staff, faculty and students in the graduate programs at the university.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Three (3) or more years experience in admissions and/or enrollment management.
One (1) year experience managing teams.
Experience in data analysis and complex admission systems.
Excellent customer service skills with focus on exceptional follow-through.
Must work effectively in a fast-paced environment, comfortably managing multiple priorities while maintaining adherence to deadlines.
Must be resourceful with strong initiative and self-starter skills; be a committed team player; and must possess a goal-oriented attitude.
Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Computer proficient: preferred experience using Banner, Centralized Application Service (CAS), Salesforce, OnBase.
Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel: Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment. Travel is required between Sacramento, Stockton and San Francisco campuses. Work performed during standard business hours, however must be available to work some evening and weekend hours to meet business needs.
Valid drivers license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the Universitys fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, exempt
Background Check Statement: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
AA/EEO Policy Statement: University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented. Explore University of the Pacific www.pacific.edu