As one of the nation's leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children â“ even those who may never enter our doors â“ through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
The Senior UX/UI Designer is responsible for creating UX and UI designs consistent with the needs of end-users and Nemours enterprise strategy. Through a human-centered design approach, this role will conceive and deliver uniquely engaging products, experiences, and communications for patient families along the entire continuum of care.
The Senior UX/UI Designer role requires deep collaboration with end-users, designers, product owners, scrum masters, agile team members, and business stakeholders. This individual will work closely with Corporate Services and other clinical and non-clinical teams to design, innovate, and effectively problem-solve on the basis of feasibility, viability, and desirability.
1. Responsible for gathering input from stakeholders to help shape project requirements of consumer-oriented products & solutions including, but not limited to: Nemours' digital health assets (i.e. Native mobile apps for iOS and Android), websites, signage, and collateral. Products & solutions require digital and print deliverables.
2. Responsible for creating design artifacts including, but not limited to: journey maps, site maps, information architect documents, flow diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes. These artifacts help communicate the design approach and gain alignment across stakeholders. 3. Responsible for developing annotated low, medium, & high fidelity design assets that offer multiple concepts to help elicit meaningful feedback. Individual must be ready to champion great ideas verbally and visually â“ including, the creation of design artifacts that communicate complex ideas clearly. 4. Responsible for creating working prototypes & optimal interactions for testing and refinement. Design solutions should inform and prompt action through strategic display of imagery, text and interface elements. 5. Responsible for documenting user interactions & experience for web and mobile-based interfaces, applying standard design guidelines and techniques. Individual will collaborate with software developers to ensure success in implementing user interfaces to design specifications.
6. Responsible for incorporating design thinking into the design process to ensure products, experiences, and communications create value and optimize engagement. Individual will work from a position of empathy to define, implement, & measure standards of use.
7. Responsible for preserving brand strategy & standards in order to deliver a strong brand image and build credibility across multiple touchpoints. Individual is responsible for maintaining visual pattern libraries and style guide to develop a cohesive user and brand experience.
8. Responsible for market research & usability testing to evaluate design and implementation. This role will perform competitive analysis and persona development.
9. Responsible for adopting an agile mindset to continuously learn and adapt as we strive to satisfy our patient families across the continuum of care. Individual is responsible for design and implementation reviews with agile team members.
10. Responsible for applying best practices with strong consideration for accessibility, scalability, and ease of maintenance. Individual must ensure all UX/UI documents are complete, current, and archived appropriately.
1. Excellent interpersonal / communications skills with the ability to interact effectively with designers, developers, product owners, product managers, scrum masters, and other team members. Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
3. Mastery of design basics including, but not limited to: typography, color theory, layout, and user-centered design principles. Ability to design for modularity, internationalization, accessibility, and product expansion.
4. Practitioner of product and process development in an Agile environment. Ability to juggle multiple tasks, track ongoing progress, and meet tight project deadlines utilizing Kanban and Scrum.
5. Passionate about user-centered design & UX/UI artifacts including, but not limited to: journey maps, site maps, information architect diagrams, affinity diagrams, flow charts, wireframes, and prototypes using modern tools and techniques. Ability to deliver a well-optimized set of UI assets that perform across devices.
6. Unwavering attention to detail with an acute ability to problem solve and ideate quickly. Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge.
7. Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs and consumer expectations. Ability to keep the team informed about current and emerging UX/UI trends.
Education and Training:
Minimum 5 years job related experience.
Degree or equivalent experience in Human Computer Interaction, Digital Media Design, Fine Arts or related field is desired.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique âœBridge to a Healthy Futureâ pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.