CHI St. Luke's Health is a part of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), one of the nation's largest health systems. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, CHI operates in 18 states and comprises more than 90 hospitals, including four academic medical centers and teaching hospitals; 24 critical-access facilities; community health services organizations; accredited nursing colleges; home health agencies; and other services that span the inpatient and outpatient continuum of care. CHI St. Luke's Health is dedicated to a mission of enhancing community health through high-quality, cost-effective care. In partnership with our physicians and community partners, we are committed to excellence and compassion in caring for the whole person while creating healthier communities. CHI St. Luke's Health is comprised of six hospitals across the Houston metropolitan area.
The Vice President of the Clinically Integrated Network (CIN) is a key operational and strategic leader for a physician-led, clinically integrated provider delivery network, for CHI St. Luke's Health-Texas Division. Providing strategic leadership in assessing, developing and implementing quality and cost data management systems is included within the scope of this position. The VP of the CIN will develop and maintain key relationships and partnerships, value to the community and be the champion of the shared vision for coordinated care financial risk capabilities. Collaboration with physician leaders, operations and finance leaders within the Texas Division and CHI enterprise is essential to ensure the continued development of a patient-centered health network that supports improvements in care through broad active participation by a wide range of aligned groups.
Minimum Job Qualifications
Master's or Post Graduate Degree
Minimum years in field previous to employment:
Ten (10) years of experience in discipline. Seven (7) years of leadership experience
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with governing Boards encompassing physician leaders. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain business relationships of trust and transparency with physicians and other business partners.
Strong communication skills with a proven track record of success in an â˜influence model' health system and demonstrated ability to articulate a compelling value proposition for physicians and other organizations to join CHI St. Luke's Health
1. Leads the development of the business plan for the CIN operations within the Texas Division that will be included in the CHI St. Luke's Health plan, incorporating CHI mission, vision, values and goals.
2. Evaluates business opportunities, monitors national and local trends, and maintains contacts in the community and with other health care providers to build innovative partnerships and programs that deliver value in new ways.
3. Evaluates the potential for new physician partnerships; pursues opportunities appropriately, including working with legal to structure agreements and negotiating with appropriate parties to create effective structures and processes.
4. Develops and consults on programs and services that ensure improved patient-centered care, including appropriate preventive services, wellness initiatives and population health management.
5. Assesses existing physician relationships and identifies improvements and new service opportunities consistent with mission and strategic business objectives.
6. Maintains effective working relationships with medical staff, legal counsel, legislators, regulatory agencies, local communities and other health systems, hospitals and organizations.
7. Ensures high levels of patient satisfaction and demonstrable clinical quality achievement.
8. Builds relationships and partnerships with physicians, other community providers, employers, government, healthcare and both for- and not-for-profit organizations that support the delivery of healthcare in the community.
9. Coordinates and participates in the selection of new Board members to ensure that the CIN's governing board encompasses the broad range of expertise it requires.
10. Manages relationships with any 3rd party vendors and/or Third Party Administrators and customers (including employers, State Government/Medicaid, consumers and health plans).
11. Performs related duties as required.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Requisition Title -2017-R0117512 CHI St. Luke's Health System