We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Join a dynamic and supportive team of professionals and help make a positive impact on the lives of cancer patients in the Colorado Springs Community. Memorial is part of the UCHealth hospital system with the only teaching hospital in the state of Colorado. We offer employees the opportunity to learn and grow as a professional, while having access to some of the latest advances, top physicians and best cancer care in the country.
UCHealth Memorial Hospital is located in the picturesque city of Colorado Springs, Colorado where scenic mountain landscapes lends itself well to outdoor activities. Hundreds of miles of hiking and biking trails crisscross the region's urban and open spaces, while stunning geological features like Garden of the Gods – a public park featuring large formations of red sandstone rocks – and Seven Falls – a set of cascading waterfalls – are tucked between residential areas of town. Meanwhile, the views from Pikes Peak are well worth the drive up the mountain. Opportunities to ski and snowboard are within a few hours' drive at renowned resorts such as Vail, Breckenridge, and Copper Mountain where you may also enjoy summer fun in our mild climate.
Colorado Springs' climate is sunny, dry and generally milder than you might expect. Most winter days average in the 40s and 50s and summers brings highs in the 80s (WITHOUT the muggy humidity), while spring and fall see temperatures in the 60s. Enjoy all four seasons at its best with summer sun, beautiful fall foliage, occasional winter snow, and rejuvenating springs.
Consider Colorado Springs, CO! U.S. & World Report Best Places to Live in the United States!
Serves as a patient advocate, liaison, and advisor/educator to assist patients with navigating the continuum of care.
This RN position supports the oncology breast patients with diagnosis and treatment. Oncology experience is required.
· Rounds on/reviews assigned patients regularly and evaluates patient progress with plan of care. Communicates plan of care to patient and family and solicits concerns, questions, and issues for resolution.
· Provides emotional support, counseling, clinical education and expert guidance to patients and families to promote their ability to understand and meaningfully participate in the healthcare process and personal decision-making.
· Serves as a liaison between patient and clinical staff, administration, physicians, managed care companies, and community/external resources to coordinate/maximize resources and identify/resolve barriers to the plan of care.
· Assists patients and families with resolving financial, psychosocial, functional, and administrative issues by advising of options and referring to appropriate resources.
· Intervenes as appropriate to advocate for patient and family.
· Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program if less than 3 years' experience. BSN is required for new hires or to be attained within three years of acceptance of the position.
· 2 years nursing experience with Oncology experience .
· State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
· BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
Strongly Preferred Requirements:
· Bachelor of Science in Nursing
· Well rounded experience working with patients within a broad spectrum of cancer diagnoses
· 5 years of oncology experience
· OCN certification
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
The University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.