Planned Parenthood of New York City is seeking a Philanthropy Officer to join our team. This position is based at our Executive Office located at 26 Bleecker Street, New York, NY 10012
What you’ll find at Planned Parenthood of New York City:
- Commitment: Planned Parenthood of New York City is a leading provider of sexual and reproductive health care, education, and advocacy. We’ve been here for over 100 years and will continue to be here for as long as New Yorkers need high-quality health care.
- Passion: Staff and leadership are dedicated to advocating for reproductive health and providing expert care to all New Yorkers.
- A focus on justice: We are here as a resource for all New Yorkers, including people of color, the LGBT community, and immigrants.
- Care for our staff: One of the ways we value the wellbeing of our staff is through the compensation and benefits package we offer to eligible employees. Our benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan including an employer contribution, and generous paid time off.
What the Philanthropy Officer does:
- Manages the process of qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding mid-level and major individual donors.
- Increases giving from individuals by cultivating prospects/donors and soliciting gifts through face-to-face meetings and written appeals.
- Builds and manages a portfolio of 100+ donors, utilizing entrepreneurial ideas to create cultivation and upgrade strategies.
- Creates compelling proposals, letters, and other donor communications.
We’re seeking candidates who have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Five years of non-profit fundraising including frontline solicitation
- Knowledge about fundraising best practices and experience generating revenue growth through donor outreach
- Confidence when initiating donor calls and meetings, and are skilled at developing written proposals and related materials
- Knowledge of New York City philanthropy and donors
- Enthusiasm about a fast-paced, ever-changing, innovative environment
How to apply:
Are you interested in bringing your expertise to Planned Parenthood of New York City? To submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirement, please click here.
No phone calls; PPNYC will contact select applicants to conduct an initial phone screening.
Planned Parenthood of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.
About Planned Parenthood of New York City, Inc.
For 100 years, Planned Parenthood of New York City (PPNYC) has been a beacon of hope for the thousands of individuals and families who rely on us for essential reproductive health care, innovative educational programs, and effective advocacy. For more information, please visit our organization's website: www.ppnyc.org