The Senior Administrator of the Primary Care Service Line (PCSL) will, in a dyadic relationship with the Senior Medical Director of the PCSL, lead the service line for the entire SSM Health WI region. Together, the leadership pair are accountable for all aspects of service line performance. The aim of the Medical Group is to be the network of choice for all payors, especially Dean Health Plan. To this end, the Medical Group and the PCSL will be known locally and nationally for service excellence, unparalleled patient experience and convenience including access to services and referring physician satisfaction.
Together the Regional Administrator and Medical Director dyad is responsible for:
1. Ensuring delivery of demonstrably valuable primary care services of greatest quality (clinical effectiveness, patient safety, and patient experience) and of most affordable cost (efficient utilization of resources and services).
2. Ensuring sustainability of the primary care service line by creating workforce wellbeing and financial wherewithal.
3. Setting, monitoring and managing service excellence, access and productivity standards.
4. Integration of primary care services including supporting clinical services of population health and medicine, behavioral health, and pharmacy across the Wisconsin region.
5. Development, implementation and management of service line plans for clinical services, workforce, finance, and business strategy including annual budgets.
6. Development and achievement of service line annual performance goals focused on quality, cost, and sustainability.
7. Implementation of contemporary clinical and operational practices to promote safe, timely, effective, efficient, and equitable patient-centered care.
8. Working to help ready the group to participate under MACRA in the Advanced Payment Model track.
9. Growth of the primary care service line in terms of patient panel, geography, and revenue by establishing and promoting service excellence, service line capacity, and physicians and caregiver capability.
Individually the PCSL Administrative Director is responsible for:
1. Directly supervising and managing the primary care administrators:
a. Setting and managing annual performance goals.
b. Setting and managing personal development goals.
c. Conducting annual written performance evaluations of the administrators.
2. Participating in the recruitment, training, mentoring, development, and retention of the primary care management team.
3. Performing additional responsibilities and duties as requested and deemed necessary by the Vice President of Operations.
1. Master's degree in business or healthcare administration with 7 to 10 years of healthcare management experience.
2. Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and leadership skills.
3. Proven critical thinking and problem solving abilities, including resolution of complex problems requiring innovative solutions.
4. Ability to collaborate across various stakeholder groups and influence change.
1. Prior experience as a service line leader
2. Prior primary care operations experience in a large multi-specialty medical group and integrated delivery system include care model transformation activities.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reports to the Vice President of Operations
Responsible for the primary care administrators
As a member of the Service Line leadership team, reports to the Service Line Leadership Council.
About SSM Health Dean Clinic-
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.
Internal Number: 17015811
About SSM Health
You’ve known us as many names throughout St. Louis, and now, we’re bringing our hospitals, doctors, home care and other services together under one name – SSM Health. With seven hospitals, 350+ physicians, more than 40 physician locations and 12,000 employees, we are part of something bigger and better. We’re connected to a wealth of resources, expertise and advance technology to help you, your family and our community live long, healthy lives.
We’ve grown and changed a lot over our 143-year history. Our name may be changing but our mission remains the same