Planned Parenthood of New York City is seeking a Prospect Research Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Executive Office located at 26 Bleecker Street, New York, NY 10012
What you’ll find at Planned Parenthood of New York City:
- Commitment: Planned Parenthood of New York City is a leading provider of sexual and reproductive health care, education, and advocacy. We’ve been here for over 100 years and will continue to be here for as long as New Yorkers need high-quality health care.
- Passion: Staff and leadership are dedicated to advocating for reproductive health and providing expert care to all New Yorkers.
- A focus on justice: We are here as a resource for all New Yorkers, including people of color, the LGBT community, and immigrants.
- Care for our staff: One of the ways we value the wellbeing of our staff is through the compensation and benefits package we offer to eligible employees. Our benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan including an employer contribution, and generous paid time off.
What the Prospect Research Manager does:
- Conducts research on current donors and prospects, including biography and philanthropic history/areas of interest; creates written reports containing an analysis of information gathered from public sources
- Constructs in-depth profiles of donors and prospects, briefing documents, and other research materials using multiple screening strategies, fundraising software, and methodologies
- Partners with Philanthropy Officers to grow the pool of prospects through proactive research
- Seeks out the most effective research resources and systems from internal and external sources, while managing in-house information sources, reference materials, online services, news subscriptions, and prospect research files
We’re seeking candidates who have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Minimum three years of relevant experience of directly-related, progressively responsible experience in prospect research
- Experience gathering and interpreting peer and wealth screening data and results, using Raiser’s Edge, iWave, Foundation Directory or similar services
- Excellent writing skills, attention to detail, organizational and analytical skills
- Extraordinary judgment and the ability to coordinate multiple, unrelated details and projects simultaneously
- Enthusiasm about a fast-paced, ever-changing, innovative environment
How to apply:
Are you interested in bringing your expertise to Planned Parenthood of New York City? Please click here to submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirement.
No phone calls; PPNYC will contact select applicants to conduct an initial phone screening.
Planned Parenthood of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.
About Planned Parenthood of New York City, Inc.
For 100 years, Planned Parenthood of New York City (PPNYC) has been a beacon of hope for the thousands of individuals and families who rely on us for essential reproductive health care, innovative educational programs, and effective advocacy. For more information, please visit our organization's website: www.ppnyc.org